This is a past event
Date & Time
Thursday, November 12, 2020 1:00 pm
Friday, November 13, 2020 11:00 am
WEAT | TACWA
Join us on Nov 12-13 for a peak at the Water Environment Horizon as we enter into the 87th Texas Legislative Session and discuss the Nov 3 election outcomes and trends.
Hosted by: WEAT | TACWA
This is a multi-day, virtual conference featuring Texas leaders and industry experts as they provide an outlook on timely legislative and regulatory water quality related issues.
Key presenters include elected officials from the Texas Legislature, regulators from EPA Region 6 and TCEQ, and municipal directors. We will also have Texas and NACWA leaders present their hot takes on what the forthcoming election results mean for water law and policy for the next 4 years.
$65 WEAT Member Registration
$110 Non Member Registration (Includes WEAT membership)
Register through the WEAT website
Confirmed and Invited Speakers:
- Ken McQueen, EPA RG Administrator
- L'Oreal Stepney, TCEQ Deputy Director
- Brooke Paup, TWDB Board Member
- Yvonne Forrest, Houston Water Deputy Director
- Liz Fazio Hale, Gulf Coast Authority Assistant General Manager
- Jenna Covington, NTMWD Assistant Deputy Director Wastewater
- John Byrum, Nueces River Authority Executive Director
- Gilbert Trejo, El Paso Water CTO
- Glenn Clingenpeel, TRA Executive Manager
- Ty Embrey, Lloyd Gosselink Principle
- Kristina Surfus, NACWA
- Representative Dewayne Burns, Homeland Security and Public Safety Committee Member, District 58 (Invited)
Expect all the connection and conversation of a TACWA meeting with state and federal legislation and regulation dominating the discourse.
Full program is forthcoming!
*5 hours of wastewater operator credit has been requested through the TCEQ. 5.5 PDHs.